125g butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, whole (or grind up after measuring)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 & 1/2 cups rolled oats
125g dark or milk chocolate bits
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sunflower seeds, oats and chocolate bits and stir until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons full of the mixture into balls and flatten slightly on the baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Makes around 24 medium sized cookies, or 30 small cookies.