1 brown onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 inch ginger, finely chopped
3 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
1 large tin of corn kernels, drained
1 cup of cooked frozen peas and/or edamame beans
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1 cup cooked brown rice (e.g. Sun Rice pre-cooked microwave rice)
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Vegetable oil for frying, e.g. peanut oil, sunflower oil, canola oil
1. Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. Whisk the 2 eggs together and then pour into the frying pan, swirl the pan to spread it out, and fry until cooked. Remove from the pan and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Fry the bacon, onion, garlic, and ginger together until the bacon is slightly crispy and the onion is cooked.
3. Add in the sesame oil and sauces and stir briefly until combined.
4. Add in the cooked rice, egg, corn and peas and stir until combined.
This can be a meal on its own or combine it with the Sizzling Stir-Fry Beef recipe on this website. It’s also great as a snack or in a thermos container in the lunchbox.
– If your child isn’t keen on egg, chop up the cooked egg in a blender and stir it through. They won’t even know it’s there!
– You can replace the bacon, or add in extra protein, with cooked chicken, pork or seafood, or make it vegetarian by adding protein with tofu.