- 420g Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup thick apple puree*
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 100ml canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 70g cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons flaxseed meal (ground flaxseeds)
*apple puree – you can replace this with a grated fresh apple, or you can leave this out and add an extra 1/4 cup of sugar. Or make apple puree by peeling and slicing 2 apples then either steam or cook gently in a saucepan until soft, then blend.
- Preheat oven to 180oC
- It’s best to use a ring-shaped tin or bundt pan for this recipe.
- Combine the apple puree and black beans, then using a blender or Thermomix puree into a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix on medium to high speed for 30 seconds until well combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.