500g chicken or pork mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
2cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 brown onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce, or replace with 1 Tab brown sugar
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Lightly fry the onion, ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Roll into golf-ball sized balls.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 180oC.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs until lightly brown on all sides.
- Transfer partially cooked meatballs to a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Cook for around 15-20 minutes until cooked through.
Tip: Serve with steamed greens and Dietitian For Kids fried rice recipe.